Making organization-wide changes can be intimidating, and we provide a few basic metrics to keep tabs on how PRs and reviews are being used over time.
- Number of PRs opened in a week
- Size of the PRs opened in a week
- Number of approvals in a week
- Number of "changes requested" in a week
- Average time-to-review (TTR) in a week
- This is the time between when a review is requested and submitted
- Reviews that weren't explicitly requested are not included in this metric
In aggregate, these metrics can help you understand how your team is operating and how to make changes to improve the process.
Are you introducing review requirements for the first time? It may slow things down at first.
Are you using PullApprove to improve your review process? Numbers should get better or stay the same, not get worse!